|Humans are a force of nature. At the same time that human activities alter the basic elements of life – earth, air, water, and fire – those elements change human life in turn. |
This riveting and visually rich drama blends art and science as we follow renowned environmental photographer James Balog exploring wildfires, hurricanes, sea level rise, a struggling coal mining community, and our changing air supply.
With rare compassion and heart, The Human Element highlights Americans on the front lines of climate change, inspiring us to re-evaluate our relationship with the natural world.
The Human Element’ makes the impacts of climate change feel real. ~ Science News
This Film Could Make Coal Execs Care About the Planet. ~ Oustide Magazine
A panel discussion will follow the film. Local resources to address climate change will be available.
More info on the film: https://thehumanelementmovie.com/
Sponsored by Simply Living and Green Energy Ohio. Please register on Eventbrite. The showing is free of charge. GEO and Simply Living gratefully accept donations at the theater and encourage you to join us in our common mission.
Search the blog
- September Tree of the Month 2022 Black Cherry, Rum Cherry Prunus Serotina by Martin (Mort) Schmidt for Simply Living
- Southern Ohio Sustainable Haven: Blue Rock Station
- Sustainable September – Green: Bexley
- August 2022 Tree of the Month – Common Hopwood, Wafer Ash Ptelea Trifoliata By Martin (Mort) Schmidt for Simply Living
- Solarize aims to jump start residential solar in Central Ohio