Simply Living’s wonderful bookkeeper is moving into retirement, so we are now hiring a new Financial Administrative Consultant. Please see the job description below and share this with anyone who you think would be a good fit.
Simply Living Financial Administrative Consultant
Simply Living, a sustainability nonprofit based in Columbus, is hiring a financial administrative consultant who is skilled with QuickBooks Online, has experience working in nonprofits, and is capable of creating financial reports, reconciling bank accounts, and tracking payables, receivables, donations and other account details. Work hours are up to 10 hours per week.
The financial administrative consultant will work remotely and report to the executive director, and will also interact with Simply Living board members, especially the treasurer and check writer. We’re looking for someone who works effectively on his or her own, has a strong attention to detail, and has a grasp on the financial record keeping needs of nonprofit organizations.
- Skilled with QuickBooks Online, spreadsheets, and Google Drive
- Ability to learn and use new technology; knowledge of DonorPerfect is a bonus
- Strong skills in collaboration and communication
- Ability to identify errors and solve problems
- Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized
- Works well independently and is self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Understands accounting best practices
- An impeccable sense of integrity and ability to maintain confidential information
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions including supporting documentation
- Manage accounts receivable and payable
- Record/Track memberships, donations, sponsorships, event fees, and other financial contributions to Simply Living
- Ensure that data in QuickBooks is reconciled with data in DonorPerfect
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Produce monthly financial reports including Balance Sheet and Profit-and-Loss
- Comply with local and state reporting and license requirements, e.g., sales tax, solicitation license
- Maintain insurance coverage records
- Assist in preparation of financial projection/forecast for annual budget
- Prepare annual 1099s for contractors
- Support IRS Form 990 tax filing
- Manage restricted funds/grants
- Perform other related duties as requested by the executive director and board
This is a part-time consulting position. Pay is $17 to $20 per hour depending on skills and experience.
How to apply
To apply for this position, email a resume and cover letter describing how you see yourself as a good fit for this position to email@example.com.
About Simply Living
Founded in 1992, Simply Living is a community organization that that promotes sustainability, environmental awareness and our local economy through educational outreach and partnerships. We seek to create a compassionate and sustainable world through personal, community and cultural transformation. Major initiatives include Simply Living Sustainable U, a platform for learning opportunities such as speaker events, panel discussions, film series, discussion course, and tours; our comprehensive weekly newsletter and calendar of community events; as well as annual events such as our Sustainable Living and Garden Tour and Gift to Be Simple fundraiser.