Last Sunday, Simply Living held its 2021 annual meeting. This is one of our most important meetings of the year — doubly important in 2021 because we have been in a pandemic for over a year now, and this was our first annual meeting online. If you missed it, you can see the recording on our Facebook page and view the slides here (pdf).
We were very pleased to be joined at our annual meeting by many of you – and now we want to hear from you!
As we renew, rebuild, and relaunch Simply Living, we want to know:
- What sustainability initiatives are you working on?
- What would you like to see Simply Living take on in Columbus?
- How would you like to be involved?
Please fill out our Simply Living survey to let us know: bit.ly/SLSurvey2021
At this year’s annual meeting we announced two new board members: Kai Landis, founder and CEO of Green Roots LLC, a women-owned sustainability-minded consulting firm in Columbus, and Robert Sloan, owner of Sloan Saxbe Creative, an affordable, full-service graphic design and marketing company in Columbus. We also announced that Cathy Cowan Becker, chair of Ready for 100 Columbus over the past four years, has joined Simply Living as its new executive director.
We also had the honor of giving several awards to staff, volunteers, and community partners:
- We gave the Outstanding Volunteer award to Rita Haider
- We gave the Outstanding Employee award to Lisa Kreischer
- We gave the Carol Fisher Award for Community Service to Claus Eckert, executive director of Green Columbus
- We gave the Momentum Award for Organizational Excellence to Sunrise Movement Columbus Hub. Vicky Abou-Ghalioum and other hub leaders were on hand to accept the award.
We want to do relevant work that is important to you, our members and supporters. We want to help connect our members with our business partners, and take on the initiatives needed to make Columbus a more sustainable and equitable community. Your input is critical to building the community we know is possible in Columbus.
Thank you for your ongoing support of Simply Living. If you haven’t re-upped your membership in awhile, now is a great time to support this work. Rejoin and renew your membership at https://simplyliving.org/membership.