Check out your Invitation to Simply Living’s Holiday Open House
Friday, Dec 16 from 5-8 pm;
Community News and Events featured this week include:
1) Article of the week, Localism in the Age of Trump, by Richard Heinberg;
2) Update on programming you can’t get on mainstream radio available now through local community radio – WGRN 94.1, the Green Renaissance – and plans for the new WCRS 92.3 in 2017;
3) Anti-Fracking Protest at Wayne National Forest this weekend;
4) Connects ColumbUS, the new reboot of the SBB – the Buy Local project – plus an interview with founder Timothy Wolf Starr;
5) Rooms for rent with great Simply Living members;
6) Classes/Workshops from City Folks Farm Shop and Boline Apothecary + Your Money Or Your Life free online introduction from Randall Loop;
7) Free Press Second Saturday Salon with presentation on Recount of the 2016 Election;
8) Care Share Time Bank Holiday Potluck on Sunday;
9) Nita Sweeney’s Write Now Newsletter covering local literary events;
10) Bill Cohen’s next event: Songs of Struggle: Music and Images of the Civil Rights Movement 1960-65
11) Website of the Week: Earth To Dinner project to encourage climate change discussions next Tuesday!
12: And as we say, lots more!
To subscribe to the weekly Community Update, send an email to Hello@SimplyLiving.org. A copy normally arrives in your inbox on Friday mornings. Access or Download the 12-09-2016 Community Update HERE. This is a free service and you are welcome to pass it along in whole or in part to interested friends and family.