These values form the core of Simply Living’s three primary themes:
Simplifiying Our Lives
Greening the Earth
Healing to Wholeness
Do you share our
vision and values?
This year, on Tuesday, November 29
, Simply Living
is participating in #GivingTuesday
, a special day dedicated to giving to our favorite organizations that work for environmental and social justice in our local communities and around the world. . After Buy Nothing Day, Small Business Saturday
, and Cyber Monday
was created to celebrate and inspire citizen efforts to, in Gandhi’s words, “be the change we seek for the world.”
Last year, more than 45,000 organizations in 71 countries participated in #GivingTuesday
, resulting in greater donations, volunteer hours, and activities that bring about real change!
Please consider a donation to Simply Living on November 29, or anytime from right now through December 31st as you plan your end of year giving. Our message to the community for the past 25 years is needed more than ever due to climate change and the pressing need to transition to a healthy food system, an energy grid driven by renewable energy sources, more transportation options, and a strong local economy that works for everyone.
We realize our mission by providing
Community Education for Sustainable Living
We use diverse venues and collaboration strategies:
1) monthly “documentary films and local solutions” events;
2) monthly Meetups at local businesses and organizations that offer sustainable products and services;
3) in depth 4-6 week courses on 9 sustainability topics produced by the Northwest Earth Institute;
4) workshops and support services offered by our Transition Hub, affiliated with the U.S. Transition Town network; and our newest initiative:
5) collaborating with other organizations to promote classes and training events as part of Simply Living “Sustainable U
#GivingTuesday funds will support outreach and social media to reach new and diverse audiences. Our goal is to increase participation in all of the above Community Education for Sustainable Living programs offered by Simply Living.
Simply Living also serves as a Fiscal Sponsor for projects that align with our mission.