Simply Living Offers these Nationally Acclaimed Earth Institute Courses!
For information on the upcoming "A World of Health" Course, click here.
(Please note that the links below will open the Northwest Earth Institute website in a new window.)
* Sustainable Systems at Work: A five-session discussion course for the workplace, designed to further organizational sustainability initiatives.
* Global Warming: Changing Co2urse: A four-session course exploring the history and science of global warming, personal values and habits as they relate to climate change, and personal actions to curb the effects of global warming.
* Choices for Sustainable Living: A seven-session course exploring the meaning of sustainable living and the ties between lifestyle choices and their impact on ecological systems.
* Menu For the Future: A six-session course exploring the connection between food and sustainability.
* Voluntary Simplicity: A five-session course addressing the distractions of modern society that keep us from caring for ourselves, our relationships, and the environment.
* Healthy Children – Healthy Planet : A seven-session course that discusses how the pervasive effects of advertising, media, and our consumer culture can influence a child’s view of the world.
* Discovering a Sense of Place: A seven-session course focusing on knowing and protecting our place.
* Reconnecting with Earth: A six-session course addressing core values and how they affect the way we view and treat the earth.
* A World of Health Connecting People, Place and Planet: A six-session course to explore the connection between human health and our environment.
Dare to commit to one of these awesome small group learning and authentic conversation events…or convene one in your workplace, church or home! contact Ellen Baumgartner firstname.lastname@example.org or cell: 614-202-8918.
A core program of Simply Living for fourteen years has been our Earth Institute discussion groups. Why? Because participants are inspired and motivated to take action, improving their quality of life and furthering systemic change.
Do you want to simplify your life? Do you want to understand more how your food choices affect our environment and our health? Are you eager to resist the consumer culture? Take an Earth Institute course and turn your ideas into actions!
For those new to Northwest Earth Institute (NWEI) courses, they provide an enjoyable, supportive opportunity for 8-12 participants to examine personal values and habits, engage in stimulating conversation, create meaningful community, and take action towards creating a more sustainable future. Participants self-facilitate each course with the help of a mentor and a coursebook of readings. Each course emphasizes individual responsibility, the importance of a supportive community, and the inspiration to walk lightly and take action on behalf of the Earth.
Join us in making these courses available in Central Ohio: Please Contact Us for more information.